Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Big problem due to time change

, 11/5/2007,2:48:32 AM, wrote:

While the time was in daylight savings time mode, I always fed my dog
at precisely 5pm. Now they changed the time and 5 oclock is actually
4 oclock. If I feed him now, he may get a digestive problem from
being fed an hour early even though the clock still says its 5 oclock.
If I wait until the 6 oclock, which is actually 5 oclock, then he may
notice the difference in the sun position and not want to eat, or will
eat too fast to compensate and thus get a digestive upset. Now, I
noticed that the raingutters on my house form the shadow on his dog
house. I am contemplating moving the rain gutters forward enough to
change the shadow by one hour. I realize this will require either
adding to the overhang on my house, or removing part of the existing
overhang. I am not sure which it is. Can someone tell me whether to
add to, or remove part of the overhang, and how many inches will
compensate for one hour's worth of shadow variance. I also am
wondering if changing from my present 4 inch wide gutter to a 6 inch
size would adjust the sun's angle enough to cope with at least part of
the hourly variable and rather than ripping the roof apart, I could
possibly change to a six inch gutter and add some sort of extension to
the gutter edge. Of course this all depends on whether I need to add
to the roof, or subtract from it, which I am still unsure.

Please advise. I already have a sick dog after only one day of time
change and it will continue to get worse if I do not act quickly. I'd
hate to lose my dog as a result of this time changing. My dog is my
best buddy and he needs the best of care.

Norman

Take a digital thermometer and rip out the internal mechanism. Find a
small digital clock and put it in the thermometer. You MUST be able to
adjust the clock to any time you want. Insert the thermometer into
your dog's rectum far enough that his digestive system will pick up the
emanations from it and be fooled into thinking the time is actually 5
PM at meal time. This way you can always feed the dog at anytime that
is convenient for you. You also won't have to get near your gutters,
even to pull leaves out.