Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How tall should outdoor antenna be?

On Nov 4, 10:26?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:47?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
ALL GROUNDS MUST BE UNIFIED!!! ...
Plonk...
do that if you want BUT its a real issue, all grounds in a home MUST
BE UNIFIED, thats why the ground rods for main service, homes neutral,
telephone NID and everything else must be tied together.
The bloody TV _TOWER_ is isolated, doofus...

--

ahh its connected to the home by the coax, do you ground the coax
properly?

besides which in a storm the antenna might come lose and hit a
electrified line. I saw a chimney mount antenna blown across a roof

Not where it is, it won't. Again, it is NOT ON THE HOUSE, got it?

The coax an the antenna are electrically isolated, else the antenna
isn't an antenna, it's a ground pole.

Give it up, you were wrong to start with and you're just getting more
and more off base.

Next you'll be telling me it's K&T wiring...

you are WRONG, the COAX ground is also a antenna GROUND.

GO READ THE NEC ABOUT PROPER GROUNDING OF ANTENNAS, SATELLITE DISHES

all grounds must be unified