Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How tall should outdoor antenna be?

ALL GROUNDS MUST BE UNIFIED!!! ...

Plonk...

do that if you want BUT its a real issue, all grounds in a home MUST
BE UNIFIED, thats why the ground rods for main service, homes neutral,
telephone NID and everything else must be tied together.

lets imagine they arent, a lightining strike on something might create
a voltage potential between grounds.

I used to install satellite dishes its not a common trouble but could
create a real hazard. heck even building lightning arrestors must be
unified to everything

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 9:47?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
ALL GROUNDS MUST BE UNIFIED!!! ...
Plonk...

do that if you want BUT its a real issue, all grounds in a home MUST
BE UNIFIED, thats why the ground rods for main service, homes neutral,
telephone NID and everything else must be tied together.

The bloody TV _TOWER_ is isolated, doofus...

--

ahh its connected to the home by the coax, do you ground the coax
properly?

besides which in a storm the antenna might come lose and hit a
electrified line. I saw a chimney mount antenna blown across a roof

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 10:26?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:47?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
ALL GROUNDS MUST BE UNIFIED!!! ...
Plonk...
do that if you want BUT its a real issue, all grounds in a home MUST
BE UNIFIED, thats why the ground rods for main service, homes neutral,
telephone NID and everything else must be tied together.
The bloody TV _TOWER_ is isolated, doofus...

--

ahh its connected to the home by the coax, do you ground the coax
properly?

besides which in a storm the antenna might come lose and hit a
electrified line. I saw a chimney mount antenna blown across a roof

Not where it is, it won't. Again, it is NOT ON THE HOUSE, got it?

The coax an the antenna are electrically isolated, else the antenna
isn't an antenna, it's a ground pole.

Give it up, you were wrong to start with and you're just getting more
and more off base.

Next you'll be telling me it's K&T wiring...

you are WRONG, the COAX ground is also a antenna GROUND.

GO READ THE NEC ABOUT PROPER GROUNDING OF ANTENNAS, SATELLITE DISHES
ETC!!!!!!!!!!

all grounds must be unified

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 4, 10:36?pm, " wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:26?pm, dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:47?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
[...]

all grounds must be unified- Hide quoted text -

the coax must be grounded right where it enters the building, and
beyond that coax outer braid is grounded to tv chassis this is done
because outer braid grounding stops interference from being picked up
on inner conductor.

now in a storm or any time a ground potential difference can exist,
where someone touching a tv can get a nasty shock.

this is why all grounds must be unified.

please would a electrician cite the NEC for this incompetent.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:26?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:47?pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I have not said one thing about the stinkin' coax except that there is a
lightning arrestor installed. Everything else is your made up "what can
I do to show I'm so smart and this is unsafe?" as is your typical post.

You started off on the BS about $2000 for a OTA antenna and not used
because "aren't cost-effective". I simply pointed out that is not so.

Everything past that from your side is simply something you've made up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I had a friend do a install

"I had a friend install"

See? Not only correct but shorter as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06 Nov 2007 03:19:21 GMT, Czlowiek
wrote:

Taller than a worm.

If it is emitting significant RF energy near the frequencies you want
your antenna to work on, you may need to install a notch filter on the
worm.

Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Repair 5 December 17th 06 05:12 AM
Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Ownership 2 December 17th 06 12:56 AM
TALL BOOKCASE J T Woodworking 0 March 11th 06 02:16 AM
Centronics outdoor antenna motors [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 4th 06 06:43 AM
How tall a ladder? Walter R. Home Repair 6 September 10th 05 11:42 AM