Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default garden thread taps and dies

Don Foreman writes:

Such threads certainly could be cut with suitable taps and dies,
though a bottoming tap might be problematic.

Read and understand the standard, instead of just referencing it, and
you'll see why no proper tap or die exists. Or read my old post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...b1f31fd158cf14

Dr. Kinch, why can't a guy with your capabilities and knowledge be
helpful once in a while?

Define "helpful". I've supplied the facts and analysis, which lead to a
negative conclusion in answer to a straightforward technical question.
It's not "helpful" to be positive about something when the truth is
negative. At least in metalworking.

I think I've seen taps and dies in the McMaster Carr catalog.

Great, why don't you think us up a part number or URL, and I'll eat my hat!