Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Barr Robert Barr is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

Radio Shack bashing needs to be countered.

I agree. Without Radio Shack, every little component a tinkerer might
need will cost at least a shipping fee, probably UPS (and a wait). When
I need something small like a relay or a photoresistor, I wind up at RS.
While I'm there, I like to browse. I'll examine their toys & their
accessories, and maybe flip through their flier.

Radio Shack can't last forever the way it's going, but I hope it
survives in one form or another. ... and I hope they start paying their
store managers a living wage!

Only once in the last ten years or so have I had a bad time at a RS. I
walked into one -- a different store than my usual -- that the manager
had turned into his own personal 'hip-hop' studio, and I was an
intruder. Generally, the 'help' isn't much help, but I already know
exactly what I need, and in many cases I'll already have the Radio Shack
part number on a piece of paper.