Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

Dick Adams wrote:
I try to aviod Radio Shack unless I am desparate.
So I was desparate and went there on Friday. When
I got home the device did not work (why am I surprised?)

So I returned it on Saturday and explained the situation
to a different clerk. He actually listened to me. Not
only that he found the correct device and tested it for
me. Maybe hell has frozen over,

Dick

I have a warm spot in my heart for RS because during my college years in
the 1950s I worked part time as a counter man in the original RS store
on Washington Street, in the heart of downtown Boston.

That was when the founders, the Deutschmann brothers, still owed RS,
before Tandy aquired the chain in 1963.

While you can't find every electronic component you might need at a RS
store today, most larger cities have one or more retail customer
friendly electronic supply stores which can help with your "need it
today" purchases.

Here in the Boston area one such place is "You-do-it" Electronics in
Needham:

http://www.youdoitelectronics.com/

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff