Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

"DA" wrote in message
om...
DA had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...ck-263670-.htm
:
Dick Adams wrote:

I try to aviod Radio Shack unless I am desparate.
So I was desparate and went there on Friday. When
I got home the device did not work (why am I surprised?)

So I returned it on Saturday and explained the situation
to a different clerk. He actually listened to me. Not
only that he found the correct device and tested it for
me. Maybe hell has frozen over,

Dick

Sure there is no point to go there for an advice. You've got to know what
you are looking for when you walk into a RS. However, when was the last
time you could get a valuable advice at any other large retail chain
store? Those stores have pretty much become free showrooms for other
online retailers. I am always guilty of checking the stuff out at Best
Buy/ Comp USA and then actually buying it at tigerdirect.com . I guess, as
their earnings drop, they loose people that can actually provide any
advise at all. Something's gotta change in the world of electronics
retail...

I've looked at tigerdirect, and always thought their prices were way high.

Bob