Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default An unusal event at Radio Shack

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:08:35 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

I try to aviod Radio Shack unless I am desparate.
So I was desparate and went there on Friday. When
I got home the device did not work (why am I surprised?)

So I returned it on Saturday and explained the situation
to a different clerk. He actually listened to me. Not
only that he found the correct device and tested it for
me. Maybe hell has frozen over,

Dick

Radio Shack bashing needs to be countered.

Radio Shack through out the years even when
higher priced have always stood by electronic
hobbyist and been a source of electronic parts.
Keeping the stores stocked with low profit per space
parts should be commended. Most retail outlets can't
be bothered by including such parts in their inventory.
You'd be hard pressed to find a local source for a two
watt non inductive resistor but Radio Shack will have
one, even if the guy behind the counter doesn't know
what it is.