Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table & lift mechanism

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:56:40 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:

Some years ago I went with a Mast-R-Lift and and 3-1/2 horse Porter
Cable--if I was building the same table now I'd have gone with a
different router and no separate lift, but I'd have to research the
current market to say which router I'd go with.

Porter-Cable, Freud, and Triton all make 2-1/4 and up plunge routers with
above the table lift capabilities. All have gotten good reviews.

I'm sure the 3 makers above are not an all-inclusive list. They're just
the ones that came to mind.