Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spice Rack Woes, Mini French Cleat System??

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

This is a family friend, so I am putting up with far more than usual. I
was thinking of a some kind of mini french cleat system would work.

But all the french cleat systems I have seen were for full sized, heavy
cabinets. Are there any mini systems out there? Is there any kind other
material/hardware that could be used or modified to serve this purpose?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. I am anxious to
get this done.

Take the smart way out. Remind the user that spices and herbs will lose
their potency and be useless much quicker when exposed to light. Suggest
they be put away in a cabinet or drawer. No serious cook has them on open
display.

Now use that wood for something useful like a gun rack or DVD shelf. .