Posted to alt.home.repair
brian brian is offline

Default circuit tester indicates 'hot/neutral reverse at an outlet...but nothing works at it.

In reading a few posts here, the H/N reversed readout seems not all
that uncommon (using a 3 bulb tester). But in my situation no
appliances work from this outlet, which seems atypical of the posts
I've seem, which seem to say things will work, just un-safely. The
same situation exists at (what I expect) is the next wall outlet along
this circuit.

Could the 'fix' for these outlets be something other than reversing
the connections in the box?

I should also add that I think the end of this circuit is at a never-
functioned ceiling light outlet.

House built 1974. One owner.

Thanks. I know this is very brief, just keeping it simple to start.

Brian