Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Shrinking a flat leather belt

"Terry" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a 13" SB with a flat leather belt which was a lot of trouble to
skive and glue just right. Which I don't want to go through again.

Problem is that the doggone thing has stretched just a bit and is
loose enough to slip. The tension adjust is all the way down. It
*will* cut but usually slips on an 0.05" depth cut in aluminum with
lubricant if I feed too hard.

Is there some simple method for shrinking the belt a bit, or otherwise
keeping it from slipping? *Besides* cut-the-belt-and-reglue.

Thanks -- Terry

Maybe you have already ruled it out but it might be possible to make a small
mechanical modification such as a longer rod, longer slot, or a shim of some
sort to slightly increase your adjustment range.

Don Young