Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Painting a metal door?

On Nov 3, 5:06 pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 17:22:13 -0500, "Don Phillipson"

wrote:
Cshenk" wrote in message

One of the other things my renters did was replace my lovely old oak front
door, with a cheaper metal one. . . .
The only 'problem' is the new door is white and my house is almond and

dark
brown exterior.

Have these renters left the country? A front door is a "fixture"
i.e. if it is removed the landlord can legally require that the
renters provide a replacement equal to what they removed.

A judge looked at my former tenant and told him he was getting his
deposit back, nor should he expect it. It was about a door change and
I was not advised of. I replaced his replacement, before I sold the
home...

--
Oren

I know doors , so I would say hire a pro, you will only make alot of
mistakes, you will regret, I have refinished doors at 20- 30,000.00
value. Anybody has to see it to give honest advise.