Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default OT (very) but a good hint

terry wrote:
Why didn't you clean out the jar? After all, this was for you not
your wife.

Use the right tool for the job?

OP did the hard part: Planning, gathering of components, supervising.

PS. Yes getting your wife to do simple job like that sounds like of
one of those macho demeaning things! Unless her smaller fingers were
more suitable. Of course my grandmother had her own tool kit! Also my
father was just as capable at 'sewing on his own buttons'! One of his
expressions was "Can't stand a man who can't look after himself"!

Macho, but not demeaning. Men and women are equal but not interchangable.

Show me a man who sews on buttons and I'll show you a Rosie Greer!

Women wash jars, men supervise. It's in the Book.