Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default (humor intended) How to remove deer blood from oak?

marc rosen wrote:
small amount of oak- some rough, some planed and on the way home I
came upon a car/deer collision only seconds old. ...
Anyway, my future steak supply bled on some of the oak I had. I hope
it won't stain too deeply. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Any good recommendations for getting blood- deer or others- out of
wood? ...

The rough probably won't be much of a problem unless it sat in a
pool--it will probably be gone when surface it.

The other, rinse thoroughly (a little late by now, of course). I'd just
plan on using as normal, then if there is evidence, the oxalic acid
(wood bleach) is where I'd go. It will bleach the wood, too, though,
particularly if it is red oak, so you'll undoubtedly want to do a
uniform treatment and may then need to even color back out before finishing.