Posted to alt.home.repair
enigma845 enigma845 is offline

Default Rain bypassing gutter

First, try to get the company that installed them to fix the problem. Make
sure the gutter is positioned so it "runs" slight lower at one end then the
other for better drainage. Secondly, check to see if gutter anchors were
installed every so many inches.This keeps the gutters in postion. The
shingles on the roof should overlap the end of the roof slightly so the water
drips into the gutters. Are the gutters installed close enough to the roof
soffit?. It will rot the roof; it needs to be attended to. Are the shingles
fully attached to the roof? If not, the water will find the least resistance
or lowest point. (physic principle) Are the gutters raised enough to be
under the shingles but slighly above thr roof ridge?

wrote:
I have fairly new gutters and they are not working. The rain runs
between the house and the gutter. I have verified that the shingles
overlap into the guttter, but the water sticks to the bottom side of
the shingle instead of dripping into the gutter. The water runs
underneath the shingle back towards the house and runs between the
house and the gutter. In some instances the water accumulates above
the soffit at eave vinyl. I am concerned this will rot the roof.

I already have drip gaurds.

Any ideas on what to look for? or how to fix it?

--
Betty Boop