Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio Revisited ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Thank you for your sensible comments and observations, Peter.

I mean no offense to Peter, but I find his views no more sensible than
mine.

Mr. Daily, it is NOT "all just opinion". This is an "I don't give a damn"
way of looking at life, and I detest it.

There is a significant difference between "rectal orifice" opinion, and
informed opinion. I have some experience in live recording, and have a
good
sense of what does and doesn't sound "life-like". My opinion is an
informed
one. Peter, I'm sure, has a critical ear and a lot of listening
experience,
and though he may coyly dismiss his opinions, I'm sure they are more
"sensible" than those of the average listener.

And I repair the stuff all of the time, so why is my opinion (strange that
you now apparently have one rather than an absolute conviction based on
your perceived absolute truth) any less valid or "informed" than yours -
or indeed, Peter's ? Do you honestly believe, given the exchanges that we
have had, and given the continuous help and advice that I provide to try
assist repair-question posters on here, that I am a "Don't give a damn"
person ? In fact, what do you actually know of my life at all to detest ?
I find that remark deeply offensive.

And Peter's views *are* more sensible (to normal people) than yours,
because they are open, whilst yours are 'reasoned' within a very tight
constraint as to what you consider to be fully factual truth. Peter also
recognises what an "opinion" is, but this seems to be a concept which
escapes you.

Anyway, once again, I am allowing myself to be dragged down into another
of your whirpool arguments, which wasn't the intention of re-opening the
thread. Suffice to say that I am unable to accept your views as reasoned
and presented. If you want to do something about Bose being liars and
deceivers of the public, then go ahead and do as I suggested previously.
If not, then your strength of feeling and conviction on the subject has no
firm basis, and as such, anything that you say on the matter, cannot be
taken as valid input.

Arfa

Bose: Always good for a flame-war, eh?

It's not that the quality is so bad, just overpriced like crazy. And I
wouldn't say they're accurate reproducers of music, just a valid "niche"
product.
I do despise their latest Wave models with the lack of ANY function buttons,
everything on a crappy credit-card remote...

Mark Z.