Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry[_2_] Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Shrinking a flat leather belt

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:45:25 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Question: Doesn't the motor have some method of adjusting tension?
Most machinery I have seen that were belt driven had some method or
tightening the belts as even though a belt is "exactly" the same size
as another the actual dimensions may vary slightly. Vee belts can be
purchased in "matched sets" for exactly this reason.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)

Hi Bruce, yep, it's got a big nut-n-threaded-rod for adjusting
tension. Which is adjusted all the way out---it's as tight as I can
make it.

Best -- Terry