Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What is this thin-wall plastic tube?

On Nov 2, 3:38 pm, Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 2, 3:24 pm, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

In article .com, Tim Shoppa wrote:

In my garage, from some past project, I found some thin-wall white
(probably PVC) plastic tube. About the same diameter and a little less
thickness as 1/2" copper pipe, but plastic.

It was way way way thinner wall than schedule 40 PVC pipe. So thin
that it's somewhat transluscent.

What is this stuff called and what is it supposed to be used for?

Sounds like something that might be used in conjunction with
a swimming pool or fish tank. I assume you're not in the
habit of syphoning your gas out of the neighbors cars ;-)

Oh, no, I use flexible tubing to avoid visiting the gas station :-).

The pipe I'm asking about is not flexible.

It also has a strange pot-metal or maybe aluminum fitting attached at
one end, looks like it is barbed to take another piece of tubing.

Some form of irrigation tubing? Can't be from my yard, no irrigation
system there, I just wonder what it's called because I want some
lightweight tubing for a different project of mine and this stuff
would be ideal.

Uh, if you need some lightweight tubing for a project, why don't you
use what you found in the garage? ;-)