Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Rain bypassing gutter

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have fairly new gutters and they are not working. The rain runs
between the house and the gutter. I have verified that the shingles
overlap into the guttter, but the water sticks to the bottom side of
the shingle instead of dripping into the gutter. The water runs
underneath the shingle back towards the house and runs between the
house and the gutter. In some instances the water accumulates above
the soffit at eave vinyl. I am concerned this will rot the roof.

I already have drip gaurds.

Any ideas on what to look for? or how to fix it?

I didn't have that much of a space so I was able to use caulking between the
gutter and the fascia board to stop water from running between the gutter
and the house.
MLD