Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default water softeners?

Styx wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

£5 a month

Savd easily by how long the soap lasts and the cleaners we don't have
to buy to take off limescale.

Mine as about £500, and detects how much water goes through so it
klnos when to recycle etc.

Only problem is it restricts flow rate a bit. And takes up a whole
kitchen unit.

I figured around £500 to £700, last time I looked into them (about 6
months ago).

Any estimate on how much the flow rate drops? When we had a new Combi
boiler fitted 2 years ago, we measured the flow rate a found it was
enough for the combi with a thermostatic mixer-type shower running of
it. We actually get a pretty good pressure of water at the shower head,
but if a softener drops the flow rate too much that might all go to pot...

Its good enough, but pick a model that will take 22mm pipes and has a
high flow.

Styx