Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default Neat Old Magazines on line

"mike" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
news:ExOVi.3662$MW.2957@trndny05...

"TheM" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
news:2FIVi.2875$p%.878@trndny03...

Some interesting old projects there. I'm getting nostalgic looling at
some of the articles I read during my mis-spent youth...
http://blog.modernmechanix.com

You probably ment this ?

"Use a heavy turkish towel over the too-fleshy parts and slap good and
hard to firm up the flabby tissues"
That's right girls, slap your ass repeatedly to firm them up!"

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...ips-hips-away/

The one on the left seems to have invented break-dancing.

Not quite... LOL
I was more interested in the mechanical and electronic mags of the '50s
Found a neat construction project on how to build a go-kart or mini bike.
I remember back then getting brain freeze whenever a project required
welding. Now that I have a decent MIG, I haven't the time for those
projects. Such is life.

Somewhere I have filed away the construction article that appeared in the
amateur physicist section of SciAm on how to build a HeNe laser from
scratch. Lots of advanced glass blowing skills needed. Was somewhere from
the mid 60s.

Hi Oppie,
I have a CD of SciAm covering 1928 to 2001.
I find two articles;

September, 1964. How a Persevering Amateur Can Build a Gas Laser in the

February, 1969. How to Construct an Argon Gas Laser with Outputs At
Several Wavelengths

Mike

That would be the 1964 article then. Pretty involved to construct. Yes,
'persevering' was the key word there. Makes today's semiconductor lasers
look ultra simple by comparison.
If you feel like posting it to news:alt.binaries.e-book.technical I'm pretty
sure it would be appreciated by a larger audience.

Oppie