Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bose Wave Radio Revisited ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 31, 7:13 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

Much snippage...

William has a bug up his fundament about Bose. I agree that their
advertizing displays questionable ethics - but they are no worse than
anyone else pandering to the great unwashed and better than the
average vinyl window salesman... . And unlike the average vinyl
window, their product might last a while relative to similar
alternatives.

I have to disagree a bit. Advertising, in general, is not particularly
honest. But Bose steps over the line.

Yes, now that is valid input. You have an opinion and you accept that it

is
that. It's not diametrically opposed to mine, but neither is it aligned. I
accept your opinion for being that. You have reasons for that opinion, and
accept that others have theirs, such as your neighbour, who is fine with

her
Bose. You think that they sound terrible, your friend thinks hers is

great.
I happen to think that they produce very acceptable sound, given what they
are. I never said that they are good value for money, as I don't
particularly think that they are. In the final analysis, it is, as you

say,
all just opinion, and I consider it unfair on a company, whether they are
indeed good or bad, to kick them in public, based on nothing more than an
opinion, and then not have the conviction to take it further.

Thank you for your sensible comments and observations, Peter.

I mean no offense to Peter, but I find his views no more sensible than mine.

Mr. Daily, it is NOT "all just opinion". This is an "I don't give a damn"
way of looking at life, and I detest it.

There is a significant difference between "rectal orifice" opinion, and
informed opinion. I have some experience in live recording, and have a good
sense of what does and doesn't sound "life-like". My opinion is an informed
one. Peter, I'm sure, has a critical ear and a lot of listening experience,
and though he may coyly dismiss his opinions, I'm sure they are more
"sensible" than those of the average listener.

If a politician says something untrue, you speak up. I see no reason why
that shouldn't apply to businesses.