Posted to alt.home.repair
bent bent is offline

Default Lost track of receptacle wires (DIA) & no rear push in on replacement plug

I believe I left the wires in the same locations as the 5 screws (2 left, 2
right, 1 ground). Then I found out the replacement plug didn't have rear
plug-in. I have since forgotten which ofg the four plug-ins in was. I
tried one, and of the other three: two are low (I think it was high). That
leaves the other side high. Does this correspond to the screw on the side.
On this side the connector plate is not broken.

QCan you tell me this:?
The four plug-ins must correspond to the four screws, right. either that,
or ground. There can't be anything else, right. It couldn't be ground, and
it couldn't be a magical combination.