Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Shop Heating

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:19:13 -0500, spaco
wrote:

I know I've said this before on various newsgroups, but I don't
recommend having a ceiling mounted heater. The older I get, the more
heat I need down by my legs. I have a part time job where I work in a
place that has one of those ceiling furnaces. It can be 90 degrees
where my head is, but 45 deggrees at the floor. I think this becomes
even more of an issue if you are going to keep the shop at a low
temperature unlesee you are working in it.

Which is why underfloor heating wins every time. Insulate to silly
levels under the floor, in the walls and roof. Keep the concrete slab
at around 15-17 deg C (58 - 63 deg F) and your toes keep warm, you
avoid rust on all your tools and you don't sweat like a pig when you
do any manual work.