Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony Tony is offline

Default Shrinking a flat leather belt

I've never had a belts clips pull out, and done properly theres no
clup-clup-clup, of course if you don't know how to properly clip a belt
thats an obstacle.

"Terry" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:30:33 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Terry wrote:

Is there some simple method for shrinking the belt a bit, or otherwise
keeping it from slipping? *Besides* cut-the-belt-and-reglue.

Clip on lacing does nicely, and replaced the whole skive and glue
process for most people several decades ago. Having a set re-done on a
2-1/2" wide belt at the local power transmission belt shop was all of
$12 the last time I needed to.

Hi Lawrence,

A couple years back I bought a synthetic belt with clips and pin.
Maybe it wasn't done right, maybe it was the phase of the moon, maybe
the material just wasn't as strong as was touted. But after about a
month of use, one of the clips ripped out of the belt.

And I never liked the periodic clup-clup-clup of the clip over the
pulleys but that's probably just me.

Since then I've skived and glued.

I've also tried belt spray that is supposed to make the belt a little
stickier. Not a whole lotta help.

Thanks for the ideas, I do appreciate them. Keep em coming!

Best -- Terriy