Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Dumb question about copper piping

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
took a small sample of the cut off line with me and went in search of
refrigeration fittings. A kind soul there told me that it looked as if my
tubing had frozen at some point in the past ...

It looks like what's going to have to happen is to turn off all the water for
the whole house, all the old tubing needs to come down, and then resolder new
tubing with two new valves... the outboard one having the dump port. Then I'm
going to insulate the tubing.

Talk about a PITA. Time for a drink... the sun must be going down somewhere on
earth.

Actually, you should be glad the original plumber turned the valve
around wrong so you went in to fix it...

Think how much more of a pita this would be if it were mid-February
after the next hard freeze actually broke this line and you were being
forced to repair the damage then...

While you're at it, would be good time to ensure there aren't other
places w/ exposed piping, etc., that need attention.