Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default *The Greatest Magician in History*

On Nov 1, 3:51 am, "badgolferman"
wrote:
Roger Pearse, 11/1/2007,6:02:43 AM, wrote:

On 31 Oct, 20:26, real1 wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:50:26 -0700, Roger Pearse

wrote:

[snip]

Indeed not. This is why atheists, invariably proselytising
for conformity to the societal values of the time in which they
happened to be born, can't even state their preferred belief,
never mind offer evidence for it.

And what sort of belief would that be?

QED.

It is characteristic of atheists to be evasive about the belief-system
for which they proselytise, while making demands of others. Of course
this may be because they don't know, but I suspect "don't care" and
"don't want to be questioned" is more accurate.

All "atheism" is is a lack of one particular belief. It does not
indicate the presence of ANY belief.

This is a standard excuse offered by atheists, as a reason why they
don't have to explain, justify, or analyse their beliefs. But the
idea that atheists live without a belief system is risible. Ask how
they live! How do they decide whether to lie or tell the truth?
whether to obey the law or not? etc etc. The beliefs of atheists,
analysed by their behaviour over decades, turn out to be conformity to
some subset of societal values, with a learning in the direction of
unthinking convenience. Needless to say no atheist can even
articulate this.

The idea that atheism is merely a hate-creed with no positive content
is of course plausible to some extent; but then, atheists deny that
too.

As I said, the endless refusal of atheists to put their own beliefs up
for discusion

When challenged they try to find reasons why they
don't have to provide evidence!

Since there's nothing there requiring it.

Like so.

What requires evidence is THEISM (belief in a god or gods).

I.e., someone else. It is difficult not to feel contempt for this
attempt to demand of others what they cannot provide themselves.

Include all your evidence below this line ...

And following the ignorance, the evasions, and the hypocrisy, we get
the insolence.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

The ironic thing is that even atheists are worshippers. They may not
worship a higher power in the form of a divinity but they do worship
the higher power of Science for example. The vast majority have no
idea what science has proven or discovered, don't understand what has
been "proven", see scientic theories constantly disproven and
re-theorized, yet accept everything they are told with a child-like
faith.

In a strange way it is so much easier to believe most everything is
man-made and we are the masters of the univers. The remainder just
appeared out of nothingness and is headed nowhere. It's no wonder
arrogance is a prime characteristic of a believer that gets crushed and
replaced with a genuine humility.- Hide quoted text -

Strange. Science has given us all the modern conveniences. Just what
has religion given us other than constant wars about it?. Just to
cite one field. I will take science's medical knowledge over the
'pray to be cured' any day. I wonder just how far more advanced we
would be were it not for reliegion trying to hold back, and in some
cases outright ban, scietific discoveries.

As for the 'atheism is a religion'? Give me a break! You have to
believe in something for a religion. Show where we 'believe in
something', conduct rituals, mouth meaningless phrases, pray to
something... then your juvenile complaint will have some foundation.

Oh, man is an ape - deal with it.

Harry K