Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio Revisited ...

With a bit of careful shopping, you can assemble a true component
system -- with separate speakers, receiver, and CD player -- that
outclasses
the 740 in every way. Oh, it won't fit on your desktop? Well, who gives a
damn? Bose claims their products are as good as a roomful of components.

Apples and oranges again ...

4. I've never heard anyone claim the Wave was inferior to "a flea-market
transistor radio".

Oh dear oh dear. That's called 'tongue in cheek' or 'wry' humour. It is not
meant to be taken literally, and the fact that you have, possibly reveals a
lot about your declared position on all of this ...

Bose might have had another motive. As I write this, I'm reminded of a
story
my father used to tell me. He claimed that, back in the '30s, Gillette
manufactured a poor-quality electric shaver, in an attempt to make
electric
shavers look bad. It's possible that Bose deliberately designed and sold
poor direct-radiating speakers to make their own direct/reflecting
products
look better.

That's just 'conspiracy theory'. 70 years ago, maybe, but it's probably just
urban myth anyway, and not something that I believe you could get away with
these days. And anyway, as it's just a "claim" made by your father, it has
no relevance to this discussion, where you appear to be absolutely driven
down the road of fact and truth.

I don't propose that you try and sue Bose yourself (as you have suggested in
another reply in this thread). If you did, you would probably finish up
ruined. But by the same token, you can't keep making these claims, without
having the balls to try to do something about them. You say (elsewhere) that
you would like to get a mag or whatever to do a full review of all of Bose's
products, and expose them for the liars that they are. So GET OFF YOUR ARSE
and do something. You can bleat on here all you like, but that is all it's
ever going to be.

You have said that you consider your experience justifies you being an anti
Bose evangelist, and you consider it to be your moral duty to advise people
who know less, of just what fools they are making of themselves, by
considering purchasing Bose products. Given that you occupy this moral
high-ground, and clearly consider it to be your mission in life to expose
Bose as liars and cheats, I would urge you to 'test the water' with some of
these magazines, or indeed with whatever serves in the U.S. as a consumer
protection agency, and see if anyone else out there *who actually matters*,
shares your view, and is prepared to join with you to do something about it.

Until such time as you can do this, and report back on your results, there
is little point in your continuing to post endless neatly numbered lists of
'proofs' for your beliefs. It really does remind me of when you get a couple
of JWs at the front door, who have carefully prepared and rehearsed 'proofs'
of every line in the bible ...

Arfa