Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio Revisited ...

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
William, forgive my weak memory. What was the Big Lie that Bose
keeps perpetuating? I remember it being some verifiable, quantifiable
thing... frequency response specs? THD? Miles per gallon on the
highway? Oh, now I remember - "lush, room-filling sound."

This is indeed a verifiable statement. Simply ask listeners to compare a
system that actually delivers such sound with the Bose.

There are other claims, such as their TV ads explicitly stating that the
Bose produces "life-like" sound, and is sonically comparable to larger,
more-complex systems. These are easily demolished untruths.

Lush Room Filling Sound is a Subjective observation and therefore an
opinion. There is no scale or measurement for Lush Room Filling Sound and no
matter how many people you ask it is still an opinion. Say I read a book and
say that is an excellent book, though someone else reads it and says it is
terrible. Well I want to prove the book is a good book so I let readers
compare it to another book. The results will be an opinion no matter who
reads it or how many people read it, even if they all say it is excellent.