Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Garage heater - low temps

"RickH" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 30, 1:57 pm, Mark wrote:
I have an insulated garage that I want to heat, but just above
freezing. All the heaters I have will keep the temperature at 14C
(57F) or higher, which I don't want. I just want it slightly above 0C
(32F) to avoid the objects in the garage from freezing.

Does anyone know of such a heater? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

I've been looking for a 40F degree thermostat for 10 years now, let me
know if you find one. I have a boiler that heats the garage slab and
the basement slab, and like you I want to keep the garage just above
freezing, currently I have to keep it 55F.

If you have some way to calibrate it, it may be possible to tilt one of the
mercury switch thermostats enough to lower its operating point adequately.
It may be possible to alter the internal spring mount to accomplish the same
thing.

Some RV thermostats have no OFF position but I so not know what the minimum
setting is.

Don Young