Posted to alt.home.repair
NotX NotX is offline

Default *The Greatest Magician in History*

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:56:45 -0700, Harry K
wrote:

[snip]

Basically you are sayign that you want a forum to put forth your views
but do not want anyone to post refutations.

I wonder where you fall on the spectrum between a 'literalist' and
'it' metaphor' (can't think of the right term now).

While I am an atheist I really have no problem with the believers
until they start insisting the bible is inerrant and literal. Just
reading Genesis shows that both are wrong.

Harry K

That's the way I am. I'm pretty tolerant of most religious people. At
least when they don't keep throwing it in people's faces all the time.

BTW, I DON'T consider the Bible as disproving God, but as something
that could not have been written be the God claimed by Christians.
That is, an objection to the Bible is NOT an objection to God.

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."