Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio Revisited ...

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I'm sorry my friend. I am not normally given to throwing insults into the
mix, but you misread and change the context of things to suit your
twisted
view of the company. Of course what my post was about is relevant, and I
said nothing about the quality. It was YOU who tried to bring that up by
throwing in one of your senseless remarks again, about the owner suddenly
realising that he had been 'duped', and in a fit of rage, throwing it up
concrete wall. HE doesn't think that he has been duped. HE thinks that he
has a product that suited him when he bought it, and continues to do so.

Either you are deliberately trying to wind me up...

A little.

...or you are genuinely misguided to the point of stupidity. You really

are a
little 'wrong' in the head, I think.

My friends consider me one of the most-sensible people they know. Shall I
drop names?

Either that, or an out and out ****, and I have no interest at all in
your

bigoted
ranting, and still less in trying to contradict any of your worthless

points.

I can understand your initial annoyance at my trying to get the OP to sell
his Bose. But your continued defense of a mediocre product form a
dishonest
company is hard to understand. Speaking the truth is not bigotry.

Au contraire. Truth has to be provably factual, to be truth. When a set of
ideas are put forward as an incontrovertible truth, and they are actually
nothing more than a strongly held belief, that is bigotry.

My points are not worthless. I urge you to think about what I wrote, and
decide whether they make any sense.

To me, and others who have commented, in the context of what the thread was
about, they don't.

You'll note that I'm not asking you to believe me, or anyone else -- I
rarely, if ever, argue by "appealing to authority". I ask you to think
about
these things, and make up your own mind.

I have, and I have, but because I arrive at an opinion that is contrary to
yours, you cannot accept that it has any validity. By the back door, that
*is* asking - possibly demanding actually - that people believe you. As long
as you keep reading what I say, and then putting your own interpretive
'spin' on it to arrive at another unrelated point, then those points will
continue to be worthless. I too have a hard time understanding why *you* are
having such a hard time understanding my position. I *would* say that it is
an 'American thing' to do with the different way that the English language
is understood either side of the pond, but even that doesn't work, because
you seem to be the only American having trouble understanding me.

The fact that your friends think that you are rational, is neither here nor
there. Perhaps they are as odd as you, in which case, you would all appear
normal to each other.

I'm sure that over there, you must have a government consumer protection
agency, much the same as we have here. If you really honestly and truly
believe that Bose are deliberately lying about their products, with the
express purpose of deceiving the general public, then this must constitute a
breach of some federal law. It most certainly would here, and in your far
more litigious society, I can't believe that it wouldn't there. This being
the case, why have you not 'gone for it' and reported them ? If you honestly
believe that your arguments and expertise in the field, are strong enough to
prove that they are lying - and by the way you defend those arguments on
here, and insist that they are "the truth", you surely do - then you should
easily get the result of stopping them, and possibly costing them a lot of
money in fines. If you truly have the courage of your convictions, would
this not be the ultimate 'best result' ?

But I fear that you will not go down that route, because when push comes to
shove, your convictions will not be quite as strong as you would have us
believe. I'm beginning to think now that in fact you are a mild troll, whose
object in creating these circular arguments is, if only "a little", to wind
others up.

Arfa