Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default A little help from you military types ............

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:20:57 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

Thanks for the breakdown

I just quoted what I read from the papers I got. He was a "Sergeant" in
the "Army of The United States", and was discharged on Nov. 22, 1945
according to the Certification of Military Service, NA FORM 13038 (REV.
04-01)

Is there any way I can find out what he did to get the bronze stars? I
understand a lot of records were lost in a fire, and this one has burn
marks on it.

Steve

You might try Army records in St. Louis - but they really did have a
catastrophic fire back in the 70's.

A veteran is allowed one reissue of awards and decorations.

In this case you would want the citations.

Long shot - but possibly?

Richard

In the letter, it is stated: "Your father is entitled to the following
awards:"

I will be in contact to see if I can get them issued and place them in a
display.

Steve

Here is the page you need.

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...xt-of-kin.html