Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Young Dave Young is offline

Default A little help from you military types ............

I haven't had time to read this whole thread, so I hope I'm not
repeating anything, but you may be able to get copies of his records
from the National Personnel Records Center. Start at
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...nel/index.html and go
from there. I was able to get a lot of my dad's Army Air Corps and Army
records by simply asking. I was also able to get copies of my
grand-uncles WWI records (he was KIA in the Battle of the Meuse-Argonne
a month before the armistice was signed.... His body was never found).

Dave Young

SteveB wrote:
Got my dad's military papers back ....

flight maintenenance gunner 748

30th Bomb Gp 270th Bomb Sq

Decorations and citations: Southern Philippines Luzon New Guinea Bismarck
Archipelago Borneo Philippines Liberation Ribbon Good Conduct Ribbon World
War II Victory Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with One Silver Service
Star ( A Silver Service Star is awarded in lieu of 5 Bronze Service Stars
Sharpshooter Badge with Carbine and Pistol Bars WWII Honorable Service Lapel
Button

Last rank, Sergeant, United States Air Corps
Service outside Continental US: 25 Apr 45 to 10 Nov 45

Help me understand my father, who I never understood in his life.

To me, it looks like something impressive.

He never spoke of it.

Thanks.

Steve