Posted to alt.home.repair
NotX NotX is offline

Default *The Greatest Magician in History*

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:49:12 -0400, "badgolferman"
wrote:

NotX, 10/29/2007,9:18:41 AM, wrote:

Realize that there is absolutely no evidence this person ever existed.

The proof is within my heart.

That's what was actually meant by "It won't fit through the door." The
"proof" is in a private reality where it is COMPLETELY UNAVAILABLE to
anyone who actually needs it.

I was once like you.

I stopped trying to prove there was no Jesus Christ -- either man or
divinity --

I never tried to prove something like that. That's nonsensical.

and took a leap of faith.

Ever hear the phrase "look before you leap". Leaping (in any form)
makes no sense without a reasonable expectation of something being
there.

His existence became evidently
clear when I stopped fighting.

That is, you could "know God" only after you lied to yourself about
his existence. Some people aren't that dishonest.

No matter what one says you will never believe based upon words alone.

No. Images and thoughts are much more convincing, and they show no
trace of that magic user.

That is why it is called faith.

Faith itself is a very good thing. Please don't do damage to the idea
with this magical nonsense.

Some call it blind faith.

In other words "stupid faith".

Regardless
of your intellectual beliefs you cannot deny it has given direction to
countless people.

"given direction". WTF there's no indication of ANYTHING AT ALL being
there.

I came to accept as an adult, not as a child being
indoctrinated into the system.

Really?

An atheist claims there is proof of the non-existence of God.

WRONG!!!!

None I know would claim such a thing. There is no evidence that the
word "God" refers to any actual thing, so there's nothing there that
could possibly be "proved".

An
agnostic claims there is no proof of the existence of God.

Forget proof, which does not exist ANYWHERE (except passably in
mathematics). Ever hear of a littler thing called EVIDENCE?

A believer
claims there is proof of the existence of God.

For no reason whatsoever.

Which one are you?

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."