Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default *The Greatest Magician in History*

wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:35:34 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 29, 2:22 pm, NotX wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:10:15 -0700, "SteveB"

wrote:

"badgolferman" wrote

You may or may not be correct. Let us know what the truth is when
you
die. I'll trust your judgment much more then.

One of the most profound things I have EVER read on the Internet.
Thank
you.

To everyone else: Where will YOU be five minutes after you are dead?

Think about what "death" means. You're not going to be anywhere.
You'll be DEAD!.

KNOW where I'll be, and if all this is just smoke and mirrors, I'll
just
return to carbon based molecules.

YOU won't. You won't "be" anything. That's what death is.

But if there IS something to all this,
I'll be smiling somewhere. Where will you be?

Place your bets, folks. The dice are rolling.

Steve

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

So you don't have faith. You are just hedging a bet.

Harry K

Thank you for the judgement, Harry.

Good bye.

Steve

FYI, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, sent to the earth to die for
our sins. I believe he was an actual living man who died on the cross and
went back to Heaven. I believe that he will return to the earth. My
point
was that if I am correct in this belief that I will spend eternity
differently than you, who reject Him. And if you're right, I'll just be
dead, as you say. I was just trying to bring others to this belief, which
is a duty of my belief. All men have the option of freedom of choice.

For all, find Christ, and prepare for your eternity now. Repent, and live
life of being as good as you can manage. If everyone would do that, the
world would be a better place in five minutes.

I know some of you will keep on refusing Christ, and having to
overintellectualize this. I pray for you.

We'll see.

Steve

And what about those of us who do believe in God, but not in Jesus
Christ. Are we all evil? According to people like you who quote all
this crap, most of you feel we are. I believe Jesus existed, but do
not believe he was God. Yet I do believe in a supreme being. I know
that must be hard to comprehend to persons like you who know all these
bible quotes and take it word for word. Did you ever consider that
this book may be wrong? No, not all of it, but enough to make it
pretty meaningless, particularly to take every word literally. Each
to his own, but how about you keep it to yourself and quit forcing it
on others.

One thing you said that I agree with, is "All men have the option of
freedom of choice". I choose to NOT believe in Jesus Christ as being
God. That does not make me evil. As I said, I DO believe in God,
just not the one in the bible. I dont need an instruction manual
(bible) to live a spiritual life. My spirituality has not caused all
the wars and other violence throughout the past 2000+ years of history
either. The fact that christianity has caused so much violence is in
itself a large reason I want no part of it.

Now I ask why this is posted to alt.home.repair anyhow? Or is this
what you'd call soul repair?

To start with, all religious beliefs can be boiled down to good versus evil.
Light versus dark. It is good that you are on the side of good. Your
choice of religion to follow does not bother me. At least you are not on
the dark side.

As for why this is posted, look back. I didn't start it. Start with the
subject. When you read a subject like "How to make love to a sheep", you
might choose to skip over it. If the subject is stated do you don't know
what it is, when you start to read, only read a couple of sentences, then
delete or mark it.

To go through the whole thing and then complain is like ordering a steak,
eating it, then returning the plate to the chef with your complaints.

Steve