Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wfhabicher@hotmail.com is offline

Default Drill Press For Metal Work Versus Wood Work

On Oct 31, 12:38 pm, "David Merrill" wrote:
The nomenclature is 'speed(s) and feed(s)'; here's one:http://www.whitney-tool.com/html/cal...SpeedFeed.html

David Merrill

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message

Trevor Jones writes:

Will wrote:

Dig up the recommended cutting speed in surface feet per minute, for
the materials you are cutting, and the drill materials you are using,
and start from there.

Can you point to a good source for this information? I'd like to do
better than my normal "hmm, this drill is about so big, guess I'll run
in second notch this time".

This info is available in the American Machinist's Handbook. My copy
is over 40 years old.

Machinerys Handbook may have it, also.

Or try a text book from a technical college on machine tool operation.

IIRC this topic was discussed in this forum not too long ago (last
year?) try searching for it.

If you get stuck re-state your question here and we will see what we
can do.

Wolfgang