Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default HF truck crane

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:04:58 -0700, wrote:

On Oct 30, 8:20 am, Ignoramus1285
wrote:
Wayne, thanks. I think that I will just give up.

No, don't give up. Go find a pickup with a 5th wheel trailer hitch.
You will find some with mounting rails in the bed. You can do
something similar for your crane mounting. The 5th wheel hitch takes a
LOT more torque than your crane will ever produce and doe it day in
and day out.

If you look at a properly mounted 5th wheel hitch you'll find that
it's attached to the frame under the bed. I say properly mounted
because I have seen some that where just bolted to the bed (scary).