Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default How many time clean carpet

JohnB wrote:
My question is, per the wife's instructions, will I damage the carpet
in some way if I continue to clean it until the water is clean(er)?
Will the brushes wear out the fibers of the carpet.
I'm not too worried about the carpet getting too wet. I get about the
same amount of water in the recovery tank as I put in the top tank.
The carpet dries somewhere between 30 minutes and one hour, which is
the best I've ever seen. The first time my cat was lying on the
carpet 20 minutes after I finished!!

You cannot wear out the carpet with the brushes. The carpet gets "brushed"
equally hard with the vacuum.

As to how many times you should clean the carpet, clean it until it's clean
enough for you. If it looks swell right now, leave it alone.