Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default A little help from you military types ............

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
The rank of "Sargent" is not complete, I believe, as he should have
been a Staff, Technical or Master Sargent in 1947. A 3 striper was
called an airman 1st Class in those days.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Bruce not quite. I was in the National Guard at the time of
the Korean war. When war broke out I was a Corporal we got
"Federalized" and at the promotion board meeting got
promoted to A1C. They had just shortly before that time
changed the rank desigantions to the Airman 3rd, 2nd, 1st
from the older ratings. This was in 1951.
Got out in Dec 53 as a s/sgt. :-)
...lew...