Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mattmeitzner@gmail.com is offline

Default Which brand/model of bathroom ceiling fan would you recommend? Panasonic?

I installed a Broan 140CFM 2.5 sones fan that I bought from Lowes
about a year ago. The original builders put the only master bathroom
fan in the little room off to the side of the main bathroom where the
toilet is. This didn't vent the bathroom properly and so the ceiling
and walls got pretty wet when the shower was run. So, I pulled out an
extraneous light from the bathroom ceiling and installed said fan -
using the same switch that used to control the light. It's pretty
good, although it's only been 1 year. I wouldn't say it's "silent",
but when the shower is running, you definitely can't hear the fan at
all, and it's much quieter than the small 60CFM NuTone fan in the
separate room. Overall, I'm glad I spent a little more to get the
high-flow, low noise fan. Panasonic wasn't carried by Lowes, so I
can't speak to those fans, but I would buy the Broan again.