Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which brand/model of bathroom ceiling fan would you recommend? Panasonic?

Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (see
http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...delList?storeI...

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (seehttp://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks

see only the quiet ones with separate fan unit, spend the bigger money
now for the solitude you will wish you bought:http://www.energyfederation.org/cons...t.php/cPath/30

Hi,

We have Panasonic fans and they are good. These were recomended by our
Architect and General Contractor. Stay away from NuTone. The Nutone
ones are very noisy.

Best, Mike.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Panasonic fans are very good. The ultra quiet Broan fans are very good . The
Fantech remote fans are unobtrusive and very good

"W.H." wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (see
http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

hobbes wrote:

Hi,

We have Panasonic fans and they are good. These were recomended by our
Architect and General Contractor. Stay away from NuTone. The Nutone
ones are very noisy.

Best, Mike.

I 'hear' that about Nutone. No, I really do. I have several and they
sound terrible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"W.H." wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (see
http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

We upgraded our master bath fan from a crapola Nutone to a Panasonic and I
first thought I had forgotten to plug the motor in, it was so quiet. Then we
added one at our cabin, and went with the low profile model to work with our
existing ceiling space. The model was FV-05VF2 (the 50 CFM unit). We later
upgraded it to the 80 CFM because the room was very sealed with a low
ceiling, and shower steam did not disperse immediately. The 80 CFM unit is
only nominally louder than the 50.

Note that the "2" at the end of the model seems to designate whether it is a
right or left vent unit, as viewed from underneath. When we first upgraded
we ordered the wrong version. If you are matching an existing vent setup,
take this into account.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I installed a Broan 140CFM 2.5 sones fan that I bought from Lowes
about a year ago. The original builders put the only master bathroom
fan in the little room off to the side of the main bathroom where the
toilet is. This didn't vent the bathroom properly and so the ceiling
and walls got pretty wet when the shower was run. So, I pulled out an
extraneous light from the bathroom ceiling and installed said fan -
using the same switch that used to control the light. It's pretty
good, although it's only been 1 year. I wouldn't say it's "silent",
but when the shower is running, you definitely can't hear the fan at
all, and it's much quieter than the small 60CFM NuTone fan in the
separate room. Overall, I'm glad I spent a little more to get the
high-flow, low noise fan. Panasonic wasn't carried by Lowes, so I
can't speak to those fans, but I would buy the Broan again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 30 Oct, 01:44, "W.H." wrote:
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...delList?storeI...

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (seehttp://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

I won't speak to brands, but I will speak to size. I suggest that you
oversize the unit by one. In other words, whatever model is sized for
the square footage of the bathroom, buy the size for the next highest
square foot range. The volume level will not be significant, but the
unit will keep the room clearer and sweeter.

In addition, use a timer switch or, even better, a humiidstat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've had a Panasonic for about six years, maybe longer than that. It
gets used every day. It's as quiet as advertised, and hasn't missed a
lick. I think the success of the Panasonics is what has driven the
other manufacturers to finally put out some quality products.

W.H. wrote:
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Posted to alt.home.repair

Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

Noise isn't always bad. My NoiseTone fan reminds me to turn it
off. Otherwise I might leave home with the NoiseTone vacuum
pump still running which will create a negative pressure that is
not efficient when it comes to heating or cooling a house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 30, 4:32 pm, wrote:
Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

Noise isn't always bad. My NoiseTone fan reminds me to turn it
off. Otherwise I might leave home with the NoiseTone vacuum
pump still running which will create a negative pressure that is
not efficient when it comes to heating or cooling a house.

That's what a timer switch is for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:26:03 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Oct 30, 4:32 pm, wrote:
Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

Noise isn't always bad. My NoiseTone fan reminds me to turn it
off. Otherwise I might leave home with the NoiseTone vacuum
pump still running which will create a negative pressure that is
not efficient when it comes to heating or cooling a house.

That's what a timer switch is for.

If you want to spend the money on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Oct 30, 4:32 pm, wrote:
Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

Noise isn't always bad. My NoiseTone fan reminds me to turn it
off. Otherwise I might leave home with the NoiseTone vacuum
pump still running which will create a negative pressure that is
not efficient when it comes to heating or cooling a house.

--- That's what a timer switch is for.

- If you want to spend the money on it.

True. I guess it comes down to this question: "How much am I willing
to pay for quiet?"

To me, quiet (and automation) is worth the $20 I paid for the timer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

On Oct 30, 6:27 am, Manster wrote:
hobbes wrote:

Hi,

We have Panasonic fans and they are good. These were recomended by our
Architect and General Contractor. Stay away from NuTone. The Nutone
ones are very noisy.

Best, Mike.

I 'hear' that about Nutone. No, I really do. I have several and they
sound terrible.

Nutone makes cheap and more expensive ones. We had one in our 30 year
old house that still worked fine. They make very quiet ones also.

Not sure why anybody would want a silent bathroom fan anyhow. It's
nice to have some noise to mask other naturaly occurring noises.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TH" wrote

Not sure why anybody would want a silent bathroom fan anyhow. It's
nice to have some noise to mask other naturaly occurring noises.

I doubt they make them that loud.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:22:46 -0700, SteveB wrote:

"TH" wrote

Not sure why anybody would want a silent bathroom fan anyhow. It's
nice to have some noise to mask other naturaly occurring noises.

I doubt they make them that loud.

An array of twenty of them might do the trick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:22:46 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

"TH" wrote

Not sure why anybody would want a silent bathroom fan anyhow. It's
nice to have some noise to mask other naturaly occurring noises.

I doubt they make them that loud.

An array of twenty of them might do the trick.

I do have to admit, though, that I turn on the fan and water and flush
sometimes when it's particularly bad. And I hate it at Home Depot, when
someone's being particularly loud who's eaten a lot of prunes and beans.
They need some sound deadening in there. The echo is monstrous.

STeve