Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default HF truck crane

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:48:33 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus1285 quickly quoth:

On 2007-10-30, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:59:34 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus10340 quickly quoth:

However, I am not sure if the bed would.

A Ford bed will, but I'm not sure about a Dodgy, er, Dodge bed, Ig.

I have a Chevy now.

Condolences.

Truck frames aren't built to support that kind of lateral stress,
either, though. It's all a crap shoot unless you use a 1T truck with a
utility bed on it. They're heavily built to handle the stresses.

I will look to see if I can find a steel plate that is wide than the
base of the crane.

See my other post in regard to beefing up the mount on the frame.
Knowledge and timber shouldn't be much used till they are seasoned.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes