Posted to alt.home.repair

Default glue for plastic and rubber

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
I've got a select comfort bed. It has a nozzle for inserting air.
For the second time it has popped out. Select Comfort replaced
the mattress the first time. I'd like to glue it back myself.

The nozzle is hard white plastic and it is inserted into brownish
rubberlike pad with matching hole. The glue residue looks like
gorilla glue. Select Comfort says it is a trade secret what kind
of industrial glue they use. Sounds dumb to me.

Some plastics just don't stick with glue so just saying it is hard while
plastic is meaningless. It may be styrene, ABS polyethylene, polypropylene,
nylon, glass filled nylon, Delrin or a hundred others. The brownish
rubber-like pad can be one of a few hundred compounds also.

They may or may not use Gorilla glue. Tell them to send you some glue or a
new mattress.