Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Seagate 160 GB SATA HARD DRIVE PCB

On 10/29/07 11:17 AM, in article ,
"PeterD" wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:26:59 -0700, SCIENCE
wrote:

Hey guys, my 160 GB SATA Hard Disk is not working . It just happened
when i connected to older
PC due to low watt from SMPS, than a Brilliant White Smoke came,
immediately i switched off the power supply. when i check the Hard
Disk the Capacitor has Burnt, Assuming it should not cause any damage
to the hard disk. Now i want that PCB of 160 GB Seagate Hard Disk in
order to replace the burnt one . Can you help me ? where do i get that
PCB ? Please............

Not an option, there is information about the drive platters, heads,
etc, stored on NVRAM on the card. Any other card won't hve the right
information.

You could be correct, but I just went through the same problem with the HD
in one of my Macs - the board was fried well done. A new board was
installed, and the computer is fine, with no loss of data.