Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Tank Question

On Oct 29, 10:29 am, George wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 28, 3:00?pm, (Bob) wrote:
I need to replace my 30 gal. gas hot water tank. When I go for the new
one, is it ok to lay it on it's side in the back of the truck, or should
it be transported upright?

Just curious and thanks.

Bob

on side gently is fine. I would get a larger tank, its nice to have
more hot water and is a polus at home resale time.

I HAD a 30 gallon once, it was always running out of hot water

A 30 gal electric might be on the light side but 30 gal gas is probably
the most commonly installed size.

I've seen a lot of new construction in NJ recently and have never seen
a 30 gal. Even in a small house today, you have not only a shower,
but typically a dishwasher, washing machine, etc. Its not hard seeing
some combination occuring where you run out of water. Especially
given the small diff in cost, for most applications 40 is the most
reasonable alternative.