Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 29, 12:40 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Frugal Farmer" wrote==
For one, nobody here was "demanding" a link. You were asked to
provide a link to support your statement.
Had you ever gone to college or written a research paper, you would
understand that any claim needs to be supported by a reliable source -
referenced and cross-referenced.

==
ROTFL! You want *me* to do *your* damn research and cross-referencing? Damn
that was funny! (The questions were *yours,* remember?)
Apparently *you* haven't gone to college or written a research paper
or you'd know how to find embarrassingly simple answers without my holding
your hand. Did you demand someone else
do your research and writing for you in, what, was your highest
grade--perhaps 8th? I'll put my academic
and published writing credentials up against yours anytime, and I'll be
damned if I'm going to spoonfeed a couple of lazy
asses who can't even find their way to Help files. Now, go on over to
alt.marketing.online.ebay, and quit making a complete
fool of yourself there. They'd love to play with you ;-) Sheesh. You could
have found those Help files 20 times in the amount
of time you've spent here making yourself look totally silly.
==
==

Frgual, by now it's obvious Gini realizes that she can't back up her
claim, because if she could, she would have provided it by now. The
assertion was that if a seller lists 15 boxes of shingles on Ebay and
in the course of that transaction, learns that the buyer also wants a
case of nails, that the seller must then list those nails and put them
through Ebay too. What's easier and establishes that she is correct?
Supplying a simple link to Ebay that shows she is right or making post
after post of nonsense about how it's up to someone else to prove?

And she and Poppin Fresh were dead wrong in leading people to believe
that if you just use a credit card through Paypal you're automaticaly
protected by the credit card company in the case that there is a
problem. You verified that is false with your calls to VISA, where
they told you that unless you follow a special procedure, including
notififying them ahead of time, sending them copies of the contract,
sales invoice, etc BEFORE doing the transaction that you are not
covered. And as I reported here, I went through that exact
scenario with Citibank VISA when I had a frauduantly purchase through
Ebay/Paypal and the answer was there is no protection from Citibank,
because their transaction wtih Paypal was legitimate, authorized by
the card holder and that is where their responsiblitly ends. They had
no control over who the money was ultimately sent to by Paypal.

Poppins advice was even worse, because the basic Paypal coverage, as
I'm sure you've seen, is only for $200. For the max Paypal coverage
of $2000, the transaction has to meet a bunch of criteria, one of
which is that the seller must have at least 50 feedbacks. The guy
you're dealing with has 10. So, listeneing to these two, you'd have
a whopping $200 of coverage on a $3500 purchase. On, and as another
shining example of how you can get screwed, in the Paypal coverage
fineprint it says it is only for tangible items. So, if you ordered
some concert tickets and got screwed out of $500, that ain't covered
at all. Sure, Paypal will try to help if it's indeed fraud, but if
the guy refused to refund the money, you're SOL. If you paid for
those tickets with a credit card directly, there is little doubt VISA
would make good on it.

So, folks can decide for themselves who is right and who if you listen
to, you're gonna wind up screwed.