Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can a granite counter top be "notched"?

"George" wrote in message
done just as easily as a straight line. I was not upcharged for any
of my detailed cuts, I just paid for the total square footage
including waste.

Why would someone who has a CNC cutting machine not charge for complex
cuts? They did spend a few bucks for the machine and someone has to know
how to program the work.

It is no more time on the water jet cutter to do complex versus straight
once it is programmed. They charge for machine time and probably have
enough built into the price for some programming. It is amazingly simple
once you know how and countertops are simple repetitive cutting.

These guys do similar work in stone http://newworldstoneworks.com/ but the
machine is the same.