Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tektronix 465m vs 465

"James Sweet" wrote in
news:S%7Vi.1842$BD.971@trndny06:

465M is the Military version. It's functionally about the same,

as are all scopes.... ;-)

Touché

What I was getting at is the performance specs are about the same. I
wasn't aware of the hybrid chips, that's as good a reason as any to
avoid it. I hate scrapping an otherwise fine piece of equipment
because of bad custom parts made of unobtanium.

The 465 still has TEK-made ICs in it;the 155-0049-0x sweep logic IC,a
couple of trigger amp ICs(155-0032-xx)and some have a vertical output amp
IC.
IIRC,the 465 was the top selling scope of all time.

But there are SO many other TEK scopes that use those same ICs,they are
still obtainable.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik